Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summer is finally here. I have spent the past 9 months recovering from shoulder surgery and am anxious to get back in my studio full time. Forced time off can be a good thing in the end because you come back with your creative juices flowing and your energy renewed.
This past spring I joined a few friends and we had a quilters' yard sale. It felt so good to clean sweep my studio and get rid of stuff I am not likely ever going to use. Sometimes you just have to purge. It was interesting to go through all the things I have lovingly collected and recall when and where I got them (and sometimes why and what was I thinking??).
I look forward to working in a space that is a little less cluttered. I have a wonderful 4' x 8' cutting table and that is the place where I spend most of my studio time. I have a stack of projects just waiting to be started and a head full of ideas. I can't wait to dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment