Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer Days

Summer in the 1000 Islands is so incredibly beautiful. Blue skies, bright sun and warm temperatures with a cooling breeze off the St Lawrence RIver. It is hard to think about quilting when the weather is so gorgeous. I'm working on one of our Northcott quilts but I don't seem to be getting much done.
Taylor's Sewing Centre had their teacher's meeting yesterday and soon the new schedule for Fall will be out. There will be lots of wonderful classes for all skill levels.  I won't be teaching this semester as I am having shoulder surgery. It will be strange to have an empty slate this fall. I've been making a list of all the things I can do with one arm!
Christine and I took a card making class last week and I'm having fun using up some of my scrap booking supplies. We also spent a day at the cottage painting fabric. I am trying to have a very creative summer.  I am taking pottery classes with my daughter Monica at Krista Cameron's studio. Last night we made beautiful bowls and platters and next week we will start working on the wheel. I haven't thrown pots in over 30 years. It should be interesting. I also started my art journal and plan to work on it all year. All my years of collecting things and now I finally have time to use them. My goal is to do something creative every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment