Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy Holidays

Christmas came and went in a flash and in a few short days the New Year will be here and it will soon be time to buckle down and get to work in the studio. The pressure to get class samples is on - I have been avoiding the studio and maybe a break is what I needed. It has been a busy life in my studio. I started my quilt pattern business in 1999 and have worked pretty steady since then. A little time to regroup and refocus is sometimes necessary to get the creative juices flowing again. I was thinking about New Year's Resolutions and I usually don't set many for my personal life but always get a bit excited about what the New Year might bring in my studio life.
My goals for 2011 are:

1. Learn to use my quilting machine.
2. Learn EQ
3. Venture out of the box and create small art quilts with lots of thread play and embellishments.
4. Use up some of the vast amount of fabric, wool, thread etc that I seem to have acquired over the past number of years.
5. Keep up my blog.
6. Write a new book with Christine.
7. Use my camera everyday.

I think that seems like a reasonable list.

1 comment:

  1. Your list is almost the same as my list!!! Isn't that surprising???

    ReplyDelete